The American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry has released the findings of an important study on the most health friendly foods. Here are some of the most important foods that help keep gums and teeth healthy:
- Basil – this herb helps reduce the bacteria film in the mouth and is also a natural antibiotic.
- Broccoli – keeps anti-acid film from forming on teeth, thus preventing dental erosion.
- Cheese – helps neutralize bacteria in the mouth, preventing tooth decay.
- Ginger – has anti inflammatory properties that help maintain the tissues in your mouth.
- Lemon – acts as a natural teeth whitening agent and also contains Vitamin C, which is important for overall health.
- Pineapple – helps people produce more saliva, creating a healthier oral environment.
- Sea Salt – helps strengthen teeth by fusing them with the right minerals.
- Sesame Seeds – these act as a natural scrubbing agent, which reduces plaque. They are also extremely Calcium rich, which is important for maintaining teeth.
- Xylitol – several studies have shown that this sugar substitute helps prevent tooth decay.
Keep your oral health on the up and up by maintaining a healthy diet that includes these 9 oral health super foods.