Most people don’t know that teeth whitening, in some form, has been around since the 1700s! People have always craved youth and beauty. Contemporary teeth whitening is a far cry from ancient practices, and it has advanced dramatically in just the past few years.
As a cosmetic dentist, Dr. Gary Radz sat on the Teeth Whitening Advisory Board for Ultradent, the manufacturer of Boost and Opalescence teeth whitening products. He has been brightening smiles for years, and through experience with various products and patients, he’s determined which products are best for each patient. When you visit Dr. Radz for teeth whitening, expect effective, efficient, and lasting results.
In-Office Whitening with Zoom! Whitening
- Fast – one visit, just over an hour
- Effective – up to 10 shades whiter in one visit
- Perfect for weddings and special occasions
- May cause temporary sensitivity
Home Whitening with Opalescence
- Subtly changes teeth color over two weeks
- Results rival Zoom! or any other professional teeth-whitening system
- Maintain long-term results by reusing the custom trays and ordering additional gel from our office
- Perfect for maintaining a bright smile indefinitely – Most of our patients use home whitening after Zoom! to keep their smiles bright and shiny.
- Good for people with sensitive teeth
About Over-the-Counter Whitening
While many over-the-counter teeth-whitening products are effective, they do not contain the same amount of potent active ingredients as dentist-prescribed systems. If you have tried home whitening from your pharmacy, and you aren’t pleased with the results, ask Dr. Radz about professional home whitening kits.
About Kiosk Whitening
You may have seen the mall kiosks where workers in white lab coats provide immediate “laser bleaching” for stained teeth. This practice is under scrutiny by the American Dental Association because it is not regulated, and the workers, in many cases, have little to no training. Never compromise the health of your teeth for cosmetics. Rely on an educated, experienced, and trusted professional for cosmetic dentistry.
Call Dr. Radz today to schedule your teeth whitening appointment, or share your questions and concerns with us. We will be happy to explain teeth-whitening systems and help you determine which solution is best for your situation.
Visit Zoom! Whitening online here.
Visit Ultradent to learn about Opalescence Teeth Whitening here.