Cosmetic dentistry includes dental procedures that improve a person's teeth and gums, resulting in a better, more noticeable smile. Although the term cosmetic dentistry is commonly referred to as redundant, since general dentistry is aimed at improving the look and feel of a patient's teeth; the term focuses more of an emphasis on improving the smile and overall appearance of the teeth.
Dentists who practice cosmetic dentistry have extensive experience in techniques that can greatly improve a person's confidence and give them a new look on life. A smile can be transformed from a no-tooth grin to a full, brilliant, white smile. It is for these reasons that cosmetic dentistry has become more and more popular throughout the United States.
the most popular alternative to orthodontic braces because, as the name suggests, they are invisible to the eye. This means that the teeth will be straightened in the same ways as braces work, but without the loss of a natural looking smile.
tooth whitening is the most common cosmetic dentistry procedure performed because it can rapidly and significantly improve the appearance of a smile. There are several different teeth whitening techniques available on the market, from in-office treatments to take-home treatments.
ultra-thin shells of tooth colored materials designed to cover the front surface of teeth to improve the appearance of a smile. Veneers are custom designed to fit each patient, in order to ensure a perfect fit and a natural look. Veneers can be used on teeth that are chipped, discolored, misaligned, uneven, worn down, or abnormally spaced.
We offer the following cosmetic dentistry procedures in our Denver Colorado dental office:
- Dental Implants- a cosmetic dentistry procedure that is used to replace missing teeth. Dental implants are a long-term solution that results in a healthy, natural looking, and natural feeling smile. Dental implants are surgically implanted into the jawbone and can be a solution for anyone, with the exception of children, looking to fill in the gaps created by missing teeth and create a brilliant smile.
- Dental Bonding- the application of a tooth-colored resin material to improve the appearance of discolored or chipped teeth, to close the gaps between teeth, to change the shape of a tooth, or to make a tooth look longer. Tooth bonding is performed by using adhesives and a high intensity curing light. Another use for dental bonding is as a substitute for amalgam fillings and to protect a portion of a tooth that has exposed nerves or exposed root from receding gums.
- Six Month Smiles- Six Month Smiles is an orthodontic correction technique that is aimed at straightening the front upper and lower teeth; in around six months.
- Smile Makeovers- As the name suggests a smile makeover improves a smile through one or more cosmetic dentistry procedures. From teeth whitening, veneers, and tooth-colored fillings to crowns, dental caps, and bridges, a smile makeover covers every aspect of improving a smile.
- Tooth Colored Fillings- A silicon dioxide-filled, tooth-colored plastic mixture, composite resins can restore teeth to an attractive, healthy state. Composite resins represent several advantages over traditional silver, or amalgam, dental fillings.
- Zoom Teeth Whitening- A safe and effective system, Zoom! Whitening is used in over 15,000 dental offices internationally. The painless process can remove the toughest stains and create a dazzlingly white, long-lasting smile in just one hour.
- Lumineers & No-prep Veneers- Lumineers and "no prep" veneers are very thin veneers that be used with little or no preparation of the teeth and have the ability to completely transform the appearance of permanently stained, chipped, discolored, or misaligned teeth.
- Dental Bridges- A dental bridge is used when a missing tooth must be replaced as a missing tooth can cause a variety of problems and affect the appearance of your smile.
Cosmetic dentistry offers a remedy for many dental health problems and can take a smile that includes cracked, discolored, misaligned or missing teeth and turn it into a smile that people will talk about. For further information please contact Cosmetic Dentistry of Colorado at 303-242-8319 .